With Thanksgiving only a few days away, and Christmas in barely a month, I thought it would be the perfect time to share a few of my favorite holiday recipes. =) These are recipes I have found and used over the years. I have no idea where I found most of them…backs of packages, online, magazines, etc., but none are originally mine. Of course I do tweak most of them due to my own taste or need to substitute an ingredient…if I do this, I will make a note.
Buttery Soft Crescent Rolls (Bread Machine)
1/2 C warm milk
1/3 C butter, softened
1/3 C sugar
1 tsp. salt
3 3/4 C all-purpose flour
1 (1/4 oz.) package active dry yeast
1/4 C butter, melted
1. Place ingredients into bread maker in order recommended by manufacturer: water, milk, egg, 1/3 cup butter, sugar, salt, flour and yeast. Reserve additional butter (1/4 cup) for later.
2. Select dough/knead cycle and start. This cycle should mix dough and allow it to rise for 1 hour.
3. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and roll into a circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Brush with additional butter.
4. Cut into 16 pie shaped wedges. Roll wedges starting with wide end into crescent shapes.
5. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and allow to rise for an additional hour.
6. Bake for 10- 15 minutes at 375°F or until golden brown.
Cranberry Mandarin Salad
1 (12 oz.) bag fresh cranberries
1 (15 oz.) can mandarin oranges
1 C sugar
1 1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
1 tsp. orange zest
2. Add in liquid from mandarin oranges, grate in ginger & orange zest, add sugar.
3. When it starts to thicken, mash mixture until all berries are broken.
4. Add remainder of cranberries & cook until they start to crack.
5. Remove from heat, stir in mandarin oranges.
6. Chill and serve.
Fluffy Pumpkin Pie
2 (3.4 oz.) boxes instant french vanilla pudding
1 1/3 C milk
1 (16 oz.) can pumpkin
1 1/2 tsp. pie spice
4 C Cool Whip
1 graham cracker crust
1. Add pudding to milk in bowl, and blend on low speed for 30 seconds.
2. Blend in pumpkin, spice and 2 cups Cool Whip.
3. Put in pie shell and chill for 4 hours.
4. Top with 2 C Cool Whip.