WARNING: IF ARM PITS GROSS YOU OUT, DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW!
A few weeks ago, I was contacted by Brian with Rocket XL regarding Dove’s ‘Piticure’ Campaign. I know you’ve heard of ‘Pedicures’ and ‘Manicures’, but ‘Piticure’? What the heck is that? Yep, you guessed it…pampering for your pits. Think about it…do you ever actually think about the condition of your skin under your arms unless it’s either irritated, hairy or stinky? Who would have ever thought to pamper the skin under your arms? Uh…Dove?! I was seriously sceptical at first and then I actually went through the steps they suggested. And guess what? My under arm skin was everything they said it would be. Non-stinky, smooth, moisturized…awesome. Typically, I’m not a stinky person (or so I’ve been told), but I really like the scent of Secret Clinical Strength so I’ve been using that the past few months. Only problem was that it irritated my skin…almost made it feel burned. When I was contacted by Rocket XL, I was more than happy to try out a new deodorant. They sent me 2 deodorants to try & review…along with links to the ‘Piticure’ Campaign. If I were to review it properly, I, of course, had to go through all the steps. After watching the following video, I followed the instructions exactly.
The steps that were suggested were simple.
1. Gently exfoliate & cleanse.
3. Pat dry & apply Dove Ultimate.
I was also very surprised by some of the interesting facts I learned…such as:
- Shaving reduces the top layer of skin by 20 percent, and can result in irritation and skin dryness.
- As a result of shaving, underarm skin loses 50 percent more water, which can cause dryness and inflammation.
Also, Dove Ultimate has a tri-moisturizing system:
• Humectant – works like a magnet to hold in moisture under the skin’s surface, keeping delicate underarm skin conditioned
• Occlusive Layer – forms a layer on the surface of the skin to prevent moisture loss, which can cause dryness
• Nourishing Moisturizer – Contains natural sunflower oil that is known to help boost the skin’s natural moisture barrier to soothe shaving irritation and help deliver soft, smooth underarm skin with Dove 1/4 Translucent Moisturizers™
In the past, I really had given no thought to my underarm skin unless it was giving me a problem. I can honestly say that since taking part in the Dove ‘Piticure’ Campaign, that is no longer the case. Caring for this area of skin has become just as important as any other part of my body, and I am extremely pleased with the results. Dove Ultimate – Sheer Silk & Light Radiance are both wonderful scents. My husband prefers Sheer Silk, but I favor Light Radiance. I apply in the morning after my shower, and it lasts all day/night with no white marks on my clothing. My skin is smooth & moisturized, and feels healthy. It even seems as though it’s less irritating to shave. I’m not sure if that is due to the moisturizing of the deodorant or the exfoliating I’ve been doing, but either way, my daily ‘piticure’ is helping in more ways than one. Now on to the give away!
The wonderful people from Dove & Rocket XL are sponsoring a giveaway for a package Dove Ultimate Anti-perspirant/Deodorant. It will be shipped to the winner directly from Rocket XL. To enter (leave a separate comment for EACH entry):
1. Leave a comment stating what deodorant you currently use. (1 entry)
2. Follow me on Twitter & tweet the following message: ‘Mani? Pedi? How about a Piti? Check out the review & giveaway for Dove Ultimate Deodorant at Life@30ish! http://lifeat30ish.com/?p=327′ (unlimited entries)
3. Follow my blog on Facebook & post about this giveaway. (unlimited entries)
4. Post about this giveaway on Myspace. (unlimited entries)
This giveaway will run from NOON May 19, 2010 – NOON June 3, 2010. I will choose a winner from the comments via random.org at NOON CST June 3, 2010. The winner will have 48 hours to respond with their shipping address or I will choose an alternate winner. Thanks for entering & good luck! =)