This week I haven’t really been very motivated to do much, but that doesn’t keep me from finding those bargains!
Off! Personal Clip On Starter Kit (2) $8.99/ea = $17.98 – B1G1 FREE coupon = $8.99 – $2 coupon – (2) $1 WG coupon = $4.99 for both
ActivOn Pain Reliever $7.99 – MIR = FREE
Scotch Tape (3) $1.99/ea = $5.97 – B1G2 FREE coupon = $1.99 – (3) $1 coupon = $1.01 Money Maker
(Not pictured) Cars poster on clearance for $0.50 as a filler item
These super cute bags were on Clearance for $1 each! Regular price was $12, so I couldn’t pass them up…not that my girls need anymore bags, but they were too cute!
What deals did you snag this week?
While he was supposed to be picking out his clothes for today & making his bed, Froggy was dressing Spiderman. This is actually Spiderman’s 2nd outfit of the day…down to the underwear. He also had socks & shoes on in the previous outfit, but I had Froggy remove them so he could wear them today…little did I know, Spiderman would be trying on more clothes.
As I have him pose for this photo, he looks up at me with all the 4 year old cuteness on the planet, and says… “Mom, this is art, you know.” I am so thankful for my children…they seem to continually melt my heart and make me laugh 24/7.
Well, it’s nearing the end of the school year, and we have LOTS of activities going on.
Monday ~ Grilled Chicken, corn on the cob, & sweet potato fries (Putting Big Puppy to work since he got such a fantastic birthday present…a gas grill…which was actually kind of a present to myself.)
Tuesday ~ McDonald’s 1/2 price Happy Meals (Princess2T has tumbling practice, then an 1.5 hours later, Pickle has her class program, so hoping to minimize the trips into town & get everything squeezed in.)
Wednesday ~ Tacos (Gotta be something quick & easy because we’ve gotta squeeze homework & showers in before church.)
Thursday ~ Spaghetti & Meatballs (Good ol’ standby…if I haven’t passed out from sheer exhaustion, we are going to have movie night w/ a FREE Redbox movie.
Friday ~ *hopefully* Dinner at new Italian restaurant in town! (There’s a new place in town that I’ve been really wanting to try & my Mom gave us date night money for our birthday’s…how convenient is that!?)
Saturday ~ Turkey Cabbage Bake
Sunday ~ Pizza-getti (We can’t have this when the girls are here because of Pickle’s dairy allergy…I mean, we *could* if I gave her something else, but that’s just torture. Yes, it’s that good.)
So, what’s on your menu plan for the week? Do you have a good ol’ standby you can throw together in a pinch that everyone loves?
Wow…this week has been so crazy that I didn’t post this because I’ve been thinking all day that it was Wednesday. Froggy is having an off day, so is currently taking a nap. You’d think I’d sent him to prison rather than his bed by the sobbing earlier. It was pitiful. Anyways, on to the savings!
Ya gotta love a good Walgreens smackdown. This week I planned on making more than one trip…mainly because when I went in on Monday, they were out of something I had printed a coupon for that would have ended up being a moneymaker for me, but I’ve been busy.
Cottonelle Toilet Paper (2) $5/ea = $10 – (2).50 coupons – (2)$1 WG coupon = $7 – $3RR = $4 for both (or .17/roll)
Tylenol Precise Neck/Arm $7.99 – $5 coupon – $3 WG coupon = FREE
GUM Eez-thru Flosser $2 – $2RR = FREE
J&J Travel Size First Aid Kit (2) $1.49/ea – .75 (B1G1 50% off) – $1.50 coupon = $.73 for both
J&J First Aid Case $4.99 – $4.99 (from purchasing the 2 travel kits) = FREE
Transaction # 1 total = $10.50 (including tax) out of pocket & received $5RR
Tylenol Precise Cream $7.99 – $5 coupon – $3 WG coupon = FREE
GUM Eez-thru Flosser $2 – $2RR = FREE
Irish Spring Deodorant (2) $4/ea = $8 – $4 (B1G1 FREE) – (2) $1 = $2 for both
Glade Candle $3.79 – $3.79 (coupon for FREE candle) = FREE
Gogos Crazy Bones Sample = FREE
Transaction #2 total = $5.40 (including tax) out of pocket & received $2RR
I also grabbed a Redbox movie (in the pouring rain…not too fun) for FREE. If you haven’t already, you can join their mobile club by texting the word REDBOX to 727272. You’ll get a code the first Monday of the month good for a free rental that day only.
Last week, I didn’t have a menu…every once in awhile, I get in a mood where I want to wing it, and I realize quickly it is not a good idea. But by that time, it’s too late, and I’m stuck winging it. This past week, I had a meal in mind for dinner that needed to slow cook in the crockpot for 6-7 hours. For 3 days in a row, I forgot to put this in the crock pot in time. Needless-to-say, if I don’t have a plan, I’m a mess. This weeks menu consists of several things we’ve never tried, so I will try to post photos after I prepare each particular meal…unless it’s ugly or I fall off the menu wagon. Oh, and I’m planning on making a massive cake for Saturday…we are celebrating Chubbs’ 8th, Big Puppy’s BIG 3-0, and my 30ish birthday. Big Puppy decided he didn’t want a party (he’s a loon), so I un-invited the few I had invited early…the plan is now just the family hanging out, taking turns opening presents, & eating cake. Okay, enough of that…here’s our menu!
Monday ~Roast Beef Wheels w/ pickle spears & Sun Chips
Tuesday ~Ham & Cheese Quiche w/ Grapes
Wednesday ~Italian Pork Chops w/ mashed potatoes & salad
Thursday ~Grilled Chicken w/ corn on the cob & baked sweet potatoes
Friday ~Sweet & Spicy Meatballs w/ rice & broccoli
Saturday ~Jerky Turkey Burgers w/ potato salad & baked beans (And birthday cake!)
Sunday ~Easy Crockpot Chicken w/ rice & sweet peas
What is one of your favorite stand by meals? Something that you can whip up in a pinch that everyone loves?
Link up your menu plan for the week using the linky below! Have a fantastic week!
As you may have noticed, I enjoy trying new things. Whether it be different types of food, crafts, whatever…I’ll try nearly anything. I recently discovered a site called Postcrossing.com. The whole point is to send postcards to other members around the world & receive postcards from all over the world. I instantly thought this would be a cool way for my kids to learn about different cultures and places. Leave it to me to turn something fun into a learning experience! I just signed up last week, so I haven’t received any postcards yet, but I have sent out 5 (the limit to have out at once for a beginner). I went to several gas stations looking for postcards unsuccessfully…one guy actually told me he thought postcards were ‘extinct’. I finally found some with a picture of a local bridge on them in a grocery store. I wrote a short blurb about our area and what we enjoy doing, and sent them out.
Our first 5 postcards are headed to:
Sankt Petersburg, Russia
Tseung Kwan O, New Territories Hong Kong
What creative ways do you teach your children about the world?
Today my youngest daughter, aka Chubbs, turns 8. I have been her Mom for a little over 7 years now, and it has been such a blessing. She is beautiful both inside and out. I pray that she has a life full of laughter and joy, that she sees the positive side in trying times, and that she shines bright with the light of God each and every day. We won’t be having her party until next week (today is our weekly swap day), so we will be celebrating 3 birthdays (Chubbs, Big Puppy, and mine) at once next weekend…hopefully we’ll have some awesome pictures!
Join me in wishing Chubbs a very happy birthday by leaving a comment below. Thanks & HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHUBBS! =)
I may complain about our vehicles needing repair, not getting to do things I want to do, that our house is too small, that it always seems like we need more money because our budget is stretched to the limit & some ‘emergency’ has come up, the kids are acting up, the ex’s are being a pain, etc.
But in all these areas I am grateful.
1. I am grateful for our vehicles. They are decent, they get us where we need to go, they may need occasional work but nothing major, and most of all they are paid off.
2. I am grateful that I get to stay home with Froggy. I get to invest in my son’s life in a way that many mothers are unable to do because they have to work a full time job for their families to survive. We get to take vacation at least once a year. We spend quality time together – hiking, game night, movie night, around the dinner table, snuggles, etc.
3. I am grateful that we have a home. There was a time when we were in trouble. Our house was being foreclosed on, we were being forced to file bankruptcy…we were drowning in debt. Desperately looking for a place to rent, everyone wanted to run a credit check…we were even upfront & told them ‘It’s bad.’ We stumbled across a newly listed rental in the paper that we could totally afford. We’ve been in that house for over 3 years now…our landlords are a huge blessing.
4. I am grateful for our finances. We are blessed. Even when an ‘emergency’ comes up, we always seem to have enough money. God is so good to us, and definitely has his hand on our money. We almost have all our debt paid off. We are able to do extra things with the kids and make ‘splurge’ purchases once in a while. Seriously…we are BLESSED.
5. I am grateful for my children. My kids are healthy, beautiful, and super smart. They are typically well behaved, get good grades, have lots of friends, and are very sweet and loving kids. Yeah, they have their off days where it seems they’ve been replaced by heinous alien spawn determined to destroy the house & make me rip out all my hair, but who’s kids don’t go through those days? Our kids have to deal with a split home, which is something we did to them. It takes its toll switching back and forth every week, but they deal with it well. They are very giving, and love to help others…they are wonderful kids and I am proud to be their Mother.
6. I am grateful for the relationship we have with our ex-spouses. For the most part, we all get along. There are moments of tension and/or occasional arguing, but it’s not constant stress. We try to help each other out when we can, and be flexible with the schedule to make a tough situation as easy as it can be.
Our newest project...a bazillion piece dragon puzzle.
Froggy had some poses in mind...here's 'Scared'.
Here's Froggy doing the 'Dragon Pose'.
Link up your Wordless Wednesday post using the Mr. Linky below! Have a great day!